Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 1: I'm a missionary!!!

Wednesday, October 27th


Hello everyone!!! Elder Spencer here, can you believe it??? WOW! Im a missionary! Already! Thanks foryour prayers, btw (btw means by the way) I miss you guys! The MTC here is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! It really is. They've only given us 30 minutes to write and I forgot to bring my camera to the computer room so I'll have to send you pictures next wednesday! I love it here. I really, really do. I never thought it was possible to feel the spirit so constantly in my life before. It really is a blessing that I am able to serve a mission, and in Leeds, England!!! (PS the temple is also beautiful, Im going through my first session here at 2pm England time) I love the feeling of being here, and of doing the lord's work. Its amazing how much my testimony has been strengthened by these past 5 days alone!! My companion is Elder Gravallese (pronounced 'Gavel' and 'lay' 'say') from Washington DC (virginia area) he also did theatre and choir in high school, and is

interested in doing film. After last night, I am quite convinced I have the best companion in the MTC! He's awesome!!!

The food at the MTC is pretty good, hit and miss I guess. Thankfully more hit than miss. I have my first batch of fish and chips last night! They eat their fish with crushed peas or tartar sauce. They didnt have any tartar sauce last night :-/ But it was still good. How is the house now that Im gone? Mom, what are you doing with your time? David, how is school? Dad, the mall? The deer hunt? Josh, how is school and the dating life treating you?Peter & Erin, how is Sam and how is the new baby coming along? Noni & Nathan, how is your family?


My english accent is coming around quite nicely. Its still quite hard to reference your need to go to the bathroom as going to the ''toilet''. Yeesh. ha ha. I love it here! I really do! But I also cant wait until I get out of these walls and start preaching the gospel to real people!

The weather is quite strange. Yes, it rains, but not in any form of rain I have ever witnessed before. It changes rain, also. Like for instance, it rained yesterday in the form of a heavy, heavy fog that fell from the sky. Yeah, wierd, I know. But surprisingly, the past other 3 days have been very beautiful and clear. The Brits say that happens only 25%of the time. Its beautiful today, btw.

I would like to thank all of you for your prayers and positive thoughts and support that you have given me, and will continue to give me. I really need all the help I can get.

The MTC is literally like nothing I could have ever experienced. Yeah, I knew it would be gospel training, but I had no idea it would literally take up every second of the day here. In the past 5 days, Ive probably had only about an hour and a half of 'personal time'. But its good! For some reason, Im enjoying it. I really am. Its still quite hard, probably one of the hardest things I'll ever do in my life, but I know that it will all be worth it.

Well, I've gotta wrap up soon! Thank you for your love, and please please please keep writing me! Both letters and emails! I still dont know how much time I will have to reply to them, but I promise, I will reply to them all, and they will be greatly appreciated!!!!

All my love and my prayers are with you. And if I could ask a favor, please also continue to pray for the people of Leeds, England, that they may continue to prepare to come unto Christ as well as for me and my training.

Cheers!!!

Elder Gabriel Spencer

PS ''I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me''

PPS Im a missionary! In England! How cool is that?! (They pronounce them ''Mission-rees'')

No comments:

Post a Comment