Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 48: Finally! Feet in the Sand, Head in the Clouds!

It happened it finally happened!!

Guess what! We FINALLY got on the beach this past Tuesday! Ah! I was so excited :)
Felt like home :)

For our district P-day (preparation day where all members of the district meet up and do something together) here we decided to play some sports on the beach, and we LOVED it! It was sunny, (we prayed for sun) it was warm (for England, anyway) and we ate at Pizza Hut! All of the district thoughouly enjoyed themselves, and we all got to know eachother that much better :) And better yet, check out these pictures! (See Pics 1, 2, and 3) Definitely one of my favourite P-Days :)



Following that, Elder Brewerton and I got back into the swing of things, and were blessed to find 8 new people to teach! We are quite excited about following up with them, and helping them to come unto Christ! On Saturday, I was given the privilige of conducting a baptismal interview for one of my teams investigators, Martin, inpreparation for his baptism this Saturday. And he passed! Another blessing.

Im also currently working on getting my UK license so that I can drive in the UK after my year mark (President Lindley has asked me twice now ha ha) But its such a long process! Kinda expensive, too... But once I get it, its good until Im 60 years old, so that'l be good :) So pray for me to pass my driving tests! (They are brutal over here!)

Also on this past Saturday, I had the opportunity to Kebaptise my second-born in the wilderness! (If you have forgotten what that means, it means eating a Kebab, which is minced lamb meat with spices, for the first time in ones life) And this son actually enjoys it! (Elder Dundee wasnt too fond of it :-/) I was so proud of Elder Brewerton :) Here he is, sitting next to Elder Spratt (who was a witness at the Kebaptism, and also paid for it) Congratulations my son! (See Fourth picture)

Well, now we're off to our Zone P-day, where we're going for a hike on some random hill, and playing capture the flag on it :) Dont worry, I'll get some great pictures :)

I love you all! Christ Lives! He is our saviour and redeemer. Through Him, we can live with our families for eternity, use His atonement to become clean, and return to live in God's presence after this life :)
I testify to all who reads this that the same organization and authority which was set up by Christ himself has been restored to the earth through a living prophet. I testify to you that the Book of Mormon is evidence of this, and that if we simply read it, ponder it in our hearts, and ask in faith, that we will recieve and answer from our Father in Heaven, by the power of the Holy Ghost. I bare my solemn witness that these things are true.

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Gabriel G. Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment