Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Week 85: Breaking News, from Newcastle!

Happy Diamond Jubilee, Your Majesty!
This past weekend was the celebration of Her Majesty the Queens 60th anniversary of serving on the throne, and what better ways to spend it than with
BAPTISMS!!!
(See first picture)
That's right! Plural!  On June 2nd, 2012, our investigators Emma, a university student from China, and Zinnah, a mother of two from Liberia, both entered into the waters of baptism and were confirmed members of the church!  I really wish I had enough time to type the conversion stories of these two great people, but unfortunately, I'm at a pakistan-ish internet cafe to email, and here time is money! So I must hurry, because that is not the only big news!!! 
Sushi!!! (See second picture)
Finally, after almost two years of being without it, we found a Japanese buffet restaurant, with Sushi! And it was delicious!  And we were able to work out a discount, by inviting over 10 people to come. Ah, it was soooo good. And at the end, they had little tubs of Haagen-Dazs ice cream, included in the buffet. Yum! We liked it so much, that we took part of the sunderland zone there yesterday. They loved it as well!
And last but not least, it was transfer calls last night, and to much surprise...
I'm moving to my last area!!! Which is the blessed land of my inheritance...
LEEDS!!!
I'm moving to the Leeds Zone, within specifically the Leeds 2 area. How great is that? I originally started my mission in Leeds, and now I will be finishing it in Leeds! I am so excited!!! I really feel so blessed. I am sad I'm not going to be here in Newcastle for the baptisms that will happen in a couple of weeks, but I know that Leeds is where the Lord wants me to go. So that's where I'll go!  Luckily today, in celebration of the Queen, our ward had a party and I was able to say good bye to almost everyone :) I took some pictures of the Chinese members with whom I became such good friends with :) I will miss them!  I was only in Newcastle for 5 weeks... Because it was a shorter transfer... But I am thankful for the memories, experiences, and friendships I have had here :)

SO! My new area is Leeds 2, right? Right! So that means I have a new address... But to be honest, I'm pretty sure the address is right next to the Mission office, and mail seems to get there quicker than anywhere else in the mission, so if you have any letters you're just dying to send me; [because Im sure there are plenty(c)], please send them to this address :)
Elder Gabriel G. Spencer
England Leeds Mission
Lister House, Lister Hill,
Horsforth, Leeds
England    LS18 5AZ
Also, this being my last P-day in Sunderland, we went to Alnwick (pronounced 'anneck') Castle! Which is another location of where they filmed Harry Potter! Remember the part in the first film, where Harry was having broomstick-flying lessons? Well that's where we were today! And we took some epic photos! (See Last picture) 
Wish me luck in Leeds, because like always, I'm going to need it!
Love,
Elder Gabriel G. Spencer
PS Pop quiz! Guess which of the following I have eaten in just the past week:
A) Ox Tongue
B) Chicken Feet
C) Salmon Head
D) All of the above
The answer?
D! Gross, huh? The ox tongue would have been good if it werent so darn chewy... The others were just plain gross...

No comments:

Post a Comment