Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week 38: Adventure

Hi-yup, everyone! (another british greeting I have started using)
What a wonderful week we have seen! And what a great tranfer for Elder Dundee to learn from!
Thats right, its finally the end of another great and marvelous transfer! And I have some great news! Elder Dundee and I are staying together for at least 6 more weeks! We are very pleased about it.
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July Party!! Full of fireworks and food and fun! I sure did :) And what better way to celebrate America winning against England than catching a sheep by participating in ''The Great Missionary Sheep Hunt'' with the amazing Sheffield Zone missionaries! For P-day, we went down to ''The Peak District'' which is a national Park in South Yorkshire, England. And in this park about a dozen or so missionaries strategized and chased down a whole flock of Sheep down these huge, rolling hills... Finally, after about an hour and a half of sheep chasing, I caught a sheep! (Believe it or not, catching a sheep was actually one of my goals of things to do while on my mission). It was so much fun and about 4 of us were able to recieve the honor of catching a sheep :O) Mission highlight? I think so ;)
This past week, I went on exchange to a nearby area, and Elder Dundee took over Doncaster for a day :) Traveled to Rotherham, our former District Leader's area. While I was there, we went to an appointment with a potential investigator named Tabia, from Zimbabwe. We got there taught our lesson, and just before we were about to leave she said ''I thought it would be nice to cook you something, so Im making you the traditional meal of my country: Satza.
...........
Yay.....
...........
So we stayed, and we ate... With our hands (which was actually quite a nice change) So, long story short, I ate it all, (a meal complete with boiled fish, seaweed and cabbage, and some wierd white stuff that looks like mashed potatoes, but is far from it) and smiled all the way through. When we were finished, we thanked her for the meal, and set up a time to come by again and teach her. By the time I go out though, I wanted to throw up. Not because it was cooked wrong, by any means, but simply because of the memory of what I just ate, how it smelled, and the fact that it was digesting inside of me. Im thankful for our investigators kindness, and the experience of having a truly african meal, but I hope I never have to experience that again ha ha :)
Expect many miracles this week! My times just about up, so Im gonna sign off. God bless! Hope all is well!

Elder Spencer

PS A very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my good friend, Ms. Karstin Lake! She turns 20 this week!
Have lots of fun at 6 flags! And lots of cake!

Pic#1: In the middle, Dalton, my sheep, and on the left Elder Pass (my trainer) and on the right Elder Dundee (my trainee)


Pic#2: My ''brother of Jared'' pose, overlooking the peak district.

Pic#3: The Satza I ate, from Zimbabwe


Pic#4: Epic photo of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment