Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 39: It's Transfers Again!

You guessed it, its that time again! Transfer week has again, come and gone, with little news to be said.
The good news! Elder Dundee and I are staying together for at least 6 more weeks! Woo!
The bad news... Our district leader (Elder Webb) has been called up to be a Zone Leader! And the whole district is changing! Out of everyone in the district, only me, Elder Dundee and another Elder remain. Which means we get a new district leader, a new team, and pretty much a whole new district! Wish us luck!
Aside from that, not much else has happened this past week. We went to an investigators home on Saturday (who hadn't celebrated her birthday in literally 40 years) and brought her a cake, some candles, and a card which Elder Dundee and I signed and gave to her. She loved it! And you could just tell she really appreciated knowing that someone had cared about her :)
Hmm....
Oh yeah, I've also been called as a district leader for this new transfer, which was a surprise. President Lindley called me up and told me that he feels I know how to successfully progress investigators to baptism, and that he would like me to help other teams develop that skill. I was honored and humbled to receive such a calling, and I'm excited to see how the Lord will help me to stretch and grow in order to help the teams I serve stretch and grow. I have only been serving as a district leader for about 4 days now, and I have already found there is so much more that a district leader does than what I originally thought. There is planning, praying, preparing, practising, analysing, studying, communicating, and listening skills which I will certainly HAVE TO GAIN in order to be successful not only for myself and the Doncaster area, but also for the missionary teams within the Doncaster district. So... Lets just say I am fervently praying that the Lord will be patient with me with my weaknesses as a leader, and I will see growth as a result. But I have already had so much fun!! I love working with my teams, and Im so excited that I get to extend my service to beyond my individual area!
So... There's my week. At transfers, all of the Elders that went through the MTC with me in Preston, England were all present at the transfer meeting, which happens very rarely, so we got a picture! (See pic number 1)

Also this week, it really poured down for the first time in about 8 weeks (and when I say poured down I mean monsoon weather!) England definitely needed it! (See pic number 2)
And finally, the epic picture of the week, me standing next to a fountain in Sheffield (See pic number 3)
Pray for Oto! Our 16 year old investigator! And pray that I will always be the leader the Lord needs me to be!
Love, and Jelly Babies (british sweets)
Elder Gabriel G. Spencer
PS I promise there will be greaters news to tell this upcoming monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment