Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 18: It snowed again!

Life is wonderful over here in good 'ol mother England. Life is cold, but nevertheless it is good :) I am having such an amazing experience with my companion Elder Thomas! He works so hard, and where I lack, he makes up for it! And where I lack and he lacks, the Lord makes up for it! Ha ha talk about having our bases covered, eh? ;) The Lord has blessed the Leeds 5 area so much over the past week!

For those of you who are wondering, I had an amazing 20th birthday in the mission field, a tradition my family has now successfully continued! I am so blessed to have been able to celebrate it here in England with the people that I’ve grown to love and care about so much! It was such a great birthday :)

This past week, we were able to find 8 new people to teach! Which is wonderful! Our goal was 6, and we exceeded it! How, you migh ask? To be honest... we dont know... The Lord, once again, has provided for us the investigators we need to be teaching at this time, regardless of our faults! Yay!

One of those new investigators, named Ben (21) was invited and scheduled for baptism within the first visit! Which was remarkable! He loves reading the book of Mormon (he says something is compelling him to read it for some reason) and he loved church yesterday! He also invited Elder Thomas and I to come to this interpretive dance workshop thingy today in Leeds city centre, which we are heading to after we email! Should be interesting... Ha ha ;) I guess I'll have to let you know how it goes!

Sabeena and Antonio are still very adamantly investigating the church... They very much enjoy church, and want to get baptized... But the question is, when? ;) Hmm...

As you could have probably guessed from the subject line, it has once again snowed here in England (which, when it does, it usually lasts about 24 hours) and do you know what that means? ICE SLIDING! Woo! No more simple walking to teaching appointments! Why stroll through the park when you can SLIDE! Ha ha I've attached a video, and hopefully it will send :)

Also, we had zone conference! (First one for me) Where all of the missionaries in the northern half of the England Leeds Mission gather to be instructed by our beloved President Lindley! And the Leeds zone got the Leeds Zone Tie to celebrate! (See picture)

I LOVED Zone conference! I received so many insights as to how I can improve as a priesthood holder, as well as a missionary in the Lord's service!

And look! (In the same picture) Its my new suit I got for my birthday from Burton (a really nice English Suit shop) I got it ON SALE too! Really nice, yet really cheap! What a fantastic birthday :)

Well that’s our week so far... Miracles are still happening around all of us, all we need are the eyes to see, and the hearts to thank God for them. Otherwise, we are blind ;)

Love,

Elder Gabriel G. Spencer

PS. For those of you who might be feeling a bit uneasy about what might happen in the future, or might get discouraged once in a while about it, here's one of my favorite quotes that helps me get through the hard days here on my mission (c) ''Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don’t get discouraged. Things will work out.”

--President Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment