Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week 68: Good-bye, Peterlee!!!


Yes! Its happened! Transfer calls have come and gone (full of anxiety waiting for the call, as usual) and after 6 months, I am departing from this amazing, blessed area!
Good-bye!
Now for the big news... And trust me, its pretty big... Guess where I'm going?
I'm heading to the south to join ''The House of York''!
I'm going to York 1!!! I am soooooooo stoked! Of all the areas I wanted to serve in as a missionary, serving in York was by far, at the top of the list. And now I have been assigned to labor there with none other than the great and powerful Elder Stettler! Who came out with me and was in my MTC district! Wooooooo! We are going to have so much fun!!!
But wait a second...
For those of you who have been keeping up with Elder Stettler's progress, you might recognize that he has been serving as the one of the York Zone Leaders for about 4 and a half months now... and... zone leaders only serve with other zone leaders... so, that must mean...
President Lindley has called Elder Spencer to serve as a Zone Leader for the York Zone!
WHAT???

Yeah. Its true. I got a call last night from President Lindley (approx. 8:53pm) outside our flat, on the street, right after I had finished street contacting this lady, and President said ''Elder Spencer after prayerful consideration I have been impressed by the spirit to call you to serve as a Zone Leader'' Yeesh. I don't really know how I'm gonna do, but I'm excited/nervous/still in shock. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep last night. Which is okay, Elder Smith didn't either, because just as soon as President was done talking to me he asked to speak with Elder Smith and called him to be the District Leader to replace me in Peterlee! So, yes, it was a rough morning today. So big news, eh?
In addition to being called to serve as the York Zone Leader, Elder Stettler and I will also be 'white-washing' York 1 area (meaning we both are new to the area, we don't know anyone in the ward, and have no current investigators to teach) which will definitely be a challenge in itself :) BRING IT ON!
So, business, my new address for letters 'n stuff is:
Elder Gabriel Spencer
25 Beech Avenue
York
England YO24 4JJ
Please send letters to my new flat!
PS Guess what! All zone leaders have a car, so I'm going to HAVE A CAR TO DRIVE! I knew that British license would come in handy ;)
So, I have said most of my good byes, and I have already started packing, and I and going to miss Peterlee. But I am so stoked to have new adventures in such a beautiful and historical city!!!
Also, it finally snowed in England! Craziest snowstorm ever happened on Saturday, and then it was over. I think that will be it for England til next winter :)
Gotta go! Wish me luck! (I'm gonna need it!)

Love,
Elder Gabriel G. Spencer
PS A couple of random pics, this morning we went to the beach for one last time and snagged some photos. We also had one last zone photo as well :) And some EPIC PICS!





No comments:

Post a Comment