Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 75: The weather is nice and warm, just before conference!



Hey howdy hey, every one!

Hope life is just well and dandy over there in good old America! In just about 5 days, us missionaries will be able to go out without our suit jackets on! And boy, am I excited for that! (Needless to say, its getting a bit warm with them on) Short sleeve shirts it is for the next few months!

This past week, I have lost the companionship of my dear good friend, Elder Stettler, and have begun working with the tall and southern-accented Elder Horner, from Kansas City, Missoura! Elder Horner comes from a military family background which has taken him to live in San Diego CA, Okinawa Japan, and several other places. After talking with him, Ive found that after his mission he plans on going to university for 4 years and then enlisting into the Marines shortly after. He has about 3 months left of his mission, which means I'm probably going to kill him off here in York 1 (mission lingo for being some one's last companion) which means that I'm likely going to be in York for at least 4.5 months. But we'll just have to wait and see for sure! Ive included a picture of the cowboy himself! (See Second picture)
Well, unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot of time to report on stuff from this last week (a lot of other email business I needed to take care of) But gimme a bit to think, and I'll see what I can come up with... Hmmm...
Hmmm.....

Wednesday was spent helping Elder Stettler, and them going on a little exchange with Elder Paczensky (from London, England) while we waited for the transfer bus to come back. Thursday was interesting. Friday was chocked full of appointments. Saturday wasn't, but it was absolutely loads of fun! Sunday was quick, and uh... Now we're at today... And we're going to go shopping for food at ASDA (Walmart equivalent) and then I'll get a much needed hair cut :) And... Yeah. That's about it! This next week will have tons more stories and pictures, I promise :)

But for now, have fun at conference! And be excited!!!

Love,
Elder Spencer

PS Elder Horner and I have been praying to find a family to teach that has been prepared to receive the gospel, so if you'd like to add that little bit into your prayers, that would be much appreciated :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment